This course is offered in many TVET institutions in Kenya, and our key focus here is Gatundu South Technical and Vocational College.
The course provides learners with an opportunity to develop technical skills in the field of electrical and electronic engineering. It also enables students to gain competences and functional skills in their areas of specialization.
Electrical and Electronic artisan courses deal with engineering, mathematics, and physics concepts to design, develop, and assess electrical and electronic systems.
Upon graduation, students will be able to work with various technologies such as lighting, wiring, power transmissions, satellite communications, telecommunications, and household appliances.
Benefits of the Course
Artisan in Electrical and Electronic Engineering course in Kenya has the following benefits:
- Equips learners with employable skills in electrical and electronic fields.
- Enables students to gain problem solving skills so that they can solve real life problems in the electrical and electronic fields.
- Promote teamwork and individual competence
- Enables learners develop communication and presentation skills
- Gives students who scored low marks an opportunity for further progression in their career of electrical and electronic engineering.
Students who take an artisan course in electrical engineering must sit and pass a KNEC exam.
Possible Jobs in the Labor Market
Students who take artisan course in electrical and electronic engineering in Kenya can be employed in the following jobs:
- Design/Research Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Production Engineer
KCSE D-(minus)or passed KCPE
Artisan in Electrical Engineering Course Outline and Duration
The course is taken for two years.
Units for First Year Artisans
- Unit 1: Mathematics I
- Unit 2: Applied Science I
- Unit 3: General Studies I
- Unit 4: Applied Geometry I
- Unit 5: Electrical Installation Trade Theory I
- Unit 6: Electrical Installation Trade Practice I
Units for Second Year Artisans
- Unit 1: Mathematics II
- Unit 2: Applied Science II
- Unit 3: General Studies II
- Unit 4: Applied Geometry II
- Unit 5: Electrical Installation Trade Theory II
- Unit 6: Electrical Installation Trade Practice II