Type of Institute: TVET College
Cascade Institute of Hospitality (CIH) is a hospitality college located in Thika town. The institution was founded to offer quality education at an affordable price, with keen interest on promoting high standards in the hospitality industry. CIH has been accredited by the Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH) and offers courses that are examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC). It is also accredited by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). Cascade Institute of Hospitality is linked to the famous Cascade chain of restaurants, which is known across Thika town and beyond for its excellent and quality services. The institute aims at producing top-grade, highly skilled, disciplined, and results-oriented graduates that will change the face of hospitality in Kenya and beyond.
The vision of Cascade Institute of Hospitality is to be the Hospitality Training institution of choice in the region
Providing Quality, Holistic Education, and Training to the youth and transforming them into economically independent and responsible citizens.
Contacts of Cascade Institute of Hospitality
- Phone: 0703 777 888 / 0791 777 888
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.cascade.ac.ke/
- Postal Address: O. Box 6530 -01000, Cascade Plaza, Karatina Road, Thika Town
- Twitter: @CIH_KE
- Facebook: Cascade
Cascade Institute of Hospitality aims to admit applicants who are best prepared to benefit from the quality education on offer. Admission officers review applications and supporting documents carefully to assess an applicant’s overall academic preparation. In evaluating an application, the college considers the following factors:
- KCSE Mean Grade
- Professional experience for mature entry students
- Additional information provided in support of your application.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully consider the diploma and certificate programs available and to meet with a career adviser or Head of Department before making a decision. Admission to CIH is on a first come first served basis within the admission period
To apply for a course at Cascade Institute of Hospitality, you can follow the following steps:
Application forms can be handpicked from the college or downloaded from the college website. Applicants can also apply directly through the website. Duly filled application forms should be addressed to the Admissions Officer or hand-delivered to the college.
- Application forms should be accompanied by copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates or result slips, 2 passport size photographs, national ID, passport, or birth certificate.
- English proficiency – The medium of instruction is English and students are expected to have a working knowledge of the same.
- Medical fitness – Some courses require students to be medically fit. Applicants with known long term medical conditions are encouraged to divulge this information.
Cascade Institute of Hospitality issues an admission letter to applicants who have met the above entry requirements, detailing the program into which they have been admitted and the fee payable. CIH does not charge an application fee.
N.B Application does not guarantee admission.
Minimum Requirements for Admission
To get admission to Cascade Institute of Hospitality, you should meet the following minimum requirements:
- For diploma, you require a minimum if KCSE D+ and proficiency in English language
- The minimum requirement for Certificate is KCSE D (plain)
Courses Offered at Cascade Institute of Hospitality
CIH offers courses in two departments: Information Technology and Hospitality. The courses offered by Cascade Institute of Technology with their fees structure are: