General Information about the course
A business management certificate lays a firm foundation for any person looking to have a managerial position at any organization.
The course is intended to equip the trainee with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable him/her to perform clerical duties in an organization. A graduate of this course will be able to work in a salaried or self – employment. To achieve this, units such as entrepreneurship, communication skills, information and communication technology has been included.
The craft certificate in business management is packaged in two modules namely:
- Craft certificate in business management module I
- Craft certificate in business management Module II
By the end of each sub – module unit, a list of suggested Teaching/learning Resources, Activities as well as Evaluation Methods, have been included. The list is however not exhaustive and the trainer is encouraged to use other resources as shall be deemed appropriate. The course is concerned with the application of Business Management principles, solving financial and business related problems, including concepts of environmental dynamism and its influences on business activities.
General Objectives of the Course
By the end of the course, the trainee should be able to:
- Appreciate the roles played by different departments in an organization
- Appreciate the use of tools of analysis in decision-making in an organization
- Communicate effectively with the stakeholders in day today business activities.
- Apply business management principles in an organization.
- Understand the legal aspects in the operation of an organization
- Demonstrate knowledge on emerging trends and issues in business management
- Appreciate self-employment as an alternative to salaried employment
Examination Body: Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC
Entry Requirements: KCSE Mean Grade D
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE D or KCE Div. 3
- Pass in relevant Artisan course
Duration: 2 Terms – 1 year
- MODULE 1
- CBM 1: Communication Skills
CBM 2: Life Skills
CBM 3: Information and Communication Technology
CBM 4: Entrepreneurship and business plan
CBM 5: Fundamentals of management and environment
CBM 6: Business Calculations and Statistics
CBM 7: Commerce
CBM 8: Financial Accounting
- MODULE 11
- CBM 9: Office Organization
CBM 10: Sales and marketing
CBM 11: Economics
CBM12: Business Finance
CBM13: Business Law
CBM14: Human and Public relations
CBM15: Research Methods/project
CBM16: Field Practicum