Information and Communications Technology (ICT), is an extended synonym, an umbrella term which contains both Information Technology (IT) as well as Communications Technology under its fold.
Information Communication Technology is the integration of telecommunications in computing for effective access, storage, transmission, and manipulation of information.
This course is intended to equip the trainees with knowledge, skills and attitudes which are responsive to the challenging needs in the computing industry.
The course will allow the graduates to work in a salaried employment or self-employment.
During the course, the trainee shall be exposed to Computer Programming, User Support, Computer Application, and Operating System.
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE D+ or KCE Div. 3 or the equivalent
Duration: 1 year
Examination Body: Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC)
- CICT 1101: Communication skills
- CICT 1102: Life Skills
- CICT 1103: Entrepreneurship
- CICT 1104: Introduction to Information Communication Technology
- CICT 1105: Computer Application 1
- CICT 1106: Mathematics
- CICT 1107: Operating System
- CICT 1108: Basic Electronics
- Industrial Attachment
- CICT 1109: Structured Programming
- CICT 1110: Computer Maintenance and support
- CICT 1111: Computer Applications 11
- CICT 1112: Research methodology/trade project
- CICT 1113: Field Practicum
- Trade Project
- Business Plan