Craft Certificate in Tour Guiding and Travel Operations
The level of post school courses that produce skilled technicians (craftsmen). Tour guiding and travel operations is a KNEC course under Business Technical and Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) which aims to impact learners with practical as well as theoretical knowledge in tours and travelling operations. The course targets a sociable, friendly, and outgoing person who is also interested in nature, history, and the arts.
- Community development workers,
- Welfare officers
- Fresh students.
- Tours and travel operations assistant,
- Tours assistant
- Tour Guides
- Travel Agents
- Tourist Officers with the Ministry of Tourism
- International Tour Manager
- KCSE D Plain KCE Div. 3;
- Pass in Artisan Level where applicable;
- Any other equivalent qualification as approved by KNEC
Programme Duration and structure
Course duration: 12 months
- Customer Care
- Life Skills
- German 1
- Business Finance
- French Module 1
- Fundamentals of Tourism
- Information Communication Technology (Theory)
- Information Communication Technology (Practical)
- Tour Guiding Techniques
- Tourism Economics
- Touristic Geography
- Touristic History
- Travel Operations
- French Module II
- Fauna, Flora and Environmental Studies
- German II
- Research Methods
- Customer Care
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate cultural awareness when dealing with diverse customers.
- Meet the customer service standard needed to keep a competitive edge in this industry.
- Develop an appreciation for our host culture and traditions, while servicing visitors from around the globe.
- Enhance their important communication skills such as interpretation and storytelling.
- Implement best safety and environmental practice in the tour experience