Type of Institution: Public University
The Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT) is a public university in Kenya. The institution was a constituent college of Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology before it was promoted to become a full university under the Universities Act of 2012. Dedan Kimathi was founded in 1972 as middle level technical and training institution before being elevated to the level of a constituent university college in 2007.
The university is located in Nyeri County, 6 km from Nyeri town on the Nyeri-Mweiga highway. Sitting on a land of 1,000 acres 6 kilometers from town, DeKUT offers perfect serenity for learning. Dedan Kimathi University of Technology offers several business and IT courses, both in diploma and degree level.
The institution offers numerous other courses, but most of its programmes are leaned towards business and technology. Dedan Kimathi University is one of the few universities that has been registered under the Engineers Board of Kenya, hence its engineering courses fully accredited. Its focus on technology and research education makes it a hub of innovation and scientific development. Just recently, it was recognized for developing testing kits for the COVID-19 pandemic due to its focus on technology, research, and innovation.
Dedan Kimathi Science and Technology Park
Science and Technology Park (STP) is an initiative that is operated by universities, research centers and other learning and research institutions to promote the growth of knowledge-based industries and value-addition firms. These entities normally operate within the site of the STP to enhance the transfer of knowledge from the education system to the business world. The Dedan Kimathi Science and Technology Park aims to foster an innovation culture and competitiveness in the business sector. The Science and Technology Park facilitates the creation and growth of companies through the flow of knowledge and technology. It is something like an incubation center where knowledge is developed and innovation is bred to become a full business idea that can be implemented by real businesses.
Dedan Kimathi Admission
To apply for a course at Dedan Kimathi through the institution, one needs to follow the following procedure:
- Select a course by checking through the list of courses offered by Dedan Kimathi University
- Download the application form here.
- Fill the form duly with all your personal information
- Attach all the required documents as indicated in the application form, e.g. copy of ID/Birth certificate, KCSE certificate, results slip, etc.
- Deposit non-refundable application fee on the institution’s bank accounts
- Send the filled application through email, posta, or deliver it physically to the Dedan Kimathi University offices in Nyeri or Nairobi campus.
You can also apply for Dedan Kimathi admission online by following the following steps:
- Go to the link https://admissions.dkut.ac.ke/courses/applicationselect
- Click on a course of your choice from the list provided. You will be directed to an online application form
- Fill the Dedan Kimathi University online application form provided
- Make application fee payment to any of the university’s bank accounts (the fees vary according to course and it will be indicated on the application form).
- Scan the bank deposit slip and attach as indicated on the application form
- Scan and attach all other documents as indicated, including ID/Birth certificate, KCSE certificate, etc.
- Submit your application and wait for communication from Dedan Kimathi regarding your application
You can also apply for a programme at DKUT through KUCCPS portal. To do that, you need to:
- Wait for KUCCPS to open their portal for new applications.
- Once the portal is open for applications, log in to the KUCCPS student portal using your KCSE index number as username, your KCSE year, and put your KCPE index number as password.
- Then identify your courses offered by Dedan Kimathi here
- Add your course to cart
- Go to the Dashboard and select your courses, make payment, and submit your application
For more details about Dedan Kimathi admissions, go to the university’s online students’ application system.
You can also download admission materials through the link: https://www.dkut.ac.ke/index.php/academics/admission/admission-materials.
This link has Dedan Kimathi University’s admission materials such as admission checklist, self-sponsored course acceptance form, joining instructions, medical examination form, and learning materials.
How to Check Dedan Kimathi University Application Status
If you have applied for a course at Dedan Kimathi, you can make a call to any of the following numbers to check your application status:
Bank Account Details of Dedan Kimathi University
- Standard Chartered Bank, Account Number 0102045131203, Nyeri Branch
- Consolidated Bank, Account Number 0120025172901, Nyeri Branch
- Kenya Commercial Bank, Account Number 1121318274, Nyeri Branch
- Equity Bank, Account Number 1150297300480, Nyeri Branch
Dedan Kimathi University KUCCPS Admission Letter
KUCCPS admission letter is the letter of admission for government-sponsored students who have applied for a course at Dedan Kimathi University through the Placement Service.
Once KUCCPS places you at Dedan Kimathi, the university will provide your admission letter through the website.
The link to download your Dedan Kimathi Admission letter will be provided when the letters are posted. Here is the link for Dedan Kimathi Admission letters: https://www.dkut.ac.ke/index.php/kuccps-2019-admission-materials
Dedan Kimathi University Student Portal
To access DeKUT’s student portal, go the link https://portal.dkut.ac.ke/
Enter your Registration Number and Password.
The registration number is provided in your admission letter while the password is your national ID number or KCSE index number.
Enter Log in and access all your details including fees statements, units, grades, and resources.
Courses offered at DeKUT
This is the list of courses offered at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology:
Contact Details of Dedan Kimathi University