The diploma in Catering & Accommodation Management is a three year course designed to equip the learners with the skill and knowledge that will prepare them for challenging roles in the hospitality industry. After successful completion of the course, the learners will be examined by the KNEC.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Perform essential food production and cost control strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team when completing hospitality related activities
- Manage front office operations and demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Manage housekeeping operations.
- Develop their leadership and communication skills to gain an edge in the job market.
- Pastry Chef
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Manager
Degree in related area
Programme Duration and Structure
This Diploma course shall be offered in 3 years which is nine (9) terms.
- An aggregate grade C- (minus)
Food Science and Nutrition
Accommodation Operations Theory
Information communication technology (ICT)
Food and beverage production
Food and beverage service and Control Theory
Food and beverage service and sales
Housekeeping, front office laundry
Catering and accommodation control I
Catering and accommodation premise
Catering and accommodation control II
Hospitality Accounting and Control
Food Beverage Production Management Practice
Food Beverage Production Management Theory
Accomodation Operations Management I and Law Theory
Law related to hospitality industry
Accommodation operations management II
Principles and practices of management
Food and beverage production management Theory
Food and Beverage service and Sales Management Theory
Priciples of Accounting and Management
Sales and marketing for hospitality industry