The diploma in Catering & Accommodation Management is a three year course designed to equip the learners with the skill and knowledge that will prepare them for challenging roles in the hospitality industry. After successful completion of the course, the learners will be examined by the KNEC.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Perform essential food production and cost control strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team when completing hospitality related activities
- Manage front office operations and demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Manage housekeeping operations.
- Develop their leadership and communication skills to gain an edge in the job market.
- Pastry Chef
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Manager
Degree in related area
Programme Duration and Structure
This Diploma course shall be offered in 3 years which is nine (9) terms.
- An aggregate grade C- (minus)
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Accommodation Operations Theory
- Information communication technology(ICT)
- Communication Skills
- Food and beverage production
- Food and beverage service and Control Theory
- Catering and accommodation control II
- Diet therapy
- Hospitality Accounting and Control
- Food & Beverage Production Management Practice
- Food & Beverage Production Management Theory
- Accommodation Operations Management I and Law Theory
- Accommodation Operations Management II
- Principles and practices of management
- Food and beverage production management Theory
- Food and Beverage service and Sales Management Theory
- Principles of Accounting and Management