Diploma in Tourism Management
This programme offers skills that aid towards understanding of what tourism is. The course also introduces the student to the managerial processes involved in travel business operations and destination management. With this course the learner will also gain skills and knowledge for organizing a holiday package and best practices for sustainable tourism. The marketable course is a great career which offers individuals the opportunity to pick from a wide range of opportunities and excel in the Tourism industry.
- Tour Manager
- Tourism consultant
- Tourism officer
- Tourism Information Centre Manager
- Travel agency manager
- Archives Officer
- Learn the best tourism management practices that would encourage sustainable tourism at all levels.
- Change mentality on the tourism industry and the best approaches for developing tourism products.
- Understand flora and fauna of a destination and the significance of special interest holidays such as eco-tourism.
- Understand the changing trends of the consumers and the best counter approaches to meet their needs and wants
- Develop skills in the analysis of concepts and practices in daily business management.
Duration of the Course
- Four (4) trimesters
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate grade of C- (C Minus) with a D- in Either English or Kiswahili,
- Minimum grade of D- in any of the following: Mathematics/ Business Studies/ Geography/ History/ CRE/ Computer Studies/ Agriculture/ Home Science
- Apply concepts and skills learned necessary to excel in the industry,
- Communicate effectively and confidently in the classroom, community and industry,
- Demonstrate ability to perform job functions in travel and tourism careers
Fundamentals of tourism
Fauna, Flora and Touristic Geography
Tour guiding techniques
Travel operations and customer care
French Paper 1
Information communication technology (Theory)
Information communication technology (Practical)
Fundamentals of hotel operations
Tourism economics II
Foreign language II
Principles and practices of management
Tourism policy and planning
Tourism product development
Tourism Law III
Foreign language III