Type of Institution; Private University
Gretsa University (GU) is a Progressive University committed to offering quality and relevant higher education. The University is duly registered and accredited by the Commission of University Education. This University is in Thika town.
Admission Requirements for Gretsa University
The admission requirements of Gretsa University (GU) vary according to the course and the program level of a student.
Degree courses require a minimum of C+ (plus) at KCSE, holder of relevant 2 academic year diplomas join 2nd year of study while those with national higher academic diplomas join the 3rd year of study.
Those undertaking diploma courses should have a C (plain) in KCSE, D+ (plus) in KCSE for a certificate course and D (plain) for foundation in certificate.
Courses Offered at Gretsa University
The University offers Degree, Diploma and Certificate programs in Business; Education; Computer Science; Hospitality and Tourism management; social work; Community Development and Health Sciences all under various specialization options.
School of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Agricultural Enterprise and Project Management
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Business Information Technology
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in County Governance and Management
- Diploma in Credit Management
- Diploma in Finance and Co-operatives Management
- Diploma in Human Resource management
- Diploma in Marketing Management
- Diploma in Micro-Finance and co-operatives Management
- Diploma in Project management
- Diploma in Public Administration
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management
- Diploma in Quality Assurance and Standardization
- Diploma in Real Estate Management
- Diploma in Sales Management
- Certificate Programmes
School of Computing and Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Software Systems Development
- Certificate in Information Technology
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
School of Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Education
- Diploma in Education
- Diploma in Special Needs Education
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Certificate in Food Production
- Certificate in Food and Beverage Service & Sales
- Certificate in Travel and Tour Guiding
School of Health Sciences
- Certificate in Health Records
- Certificate in Community Health
- Diploma in Environmental Health
- Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Community Health
- Diploma in Health Records & Information Technology
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certificate in Environmental Health
- Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS) Level I and II.
- Accounting Technicians Diploma (ATD) Levels I, II and III.
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology (DICT) Levels I, II and III.
- Diploma in Credit Management (DCM) Levels I, II and III.Professional Examination
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Parts I, II and III.
- Certified Secretaries (CS) Parts I, II and III.
- Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA) Parts I, II and III.
- Certified Information Communication Technology (CICT) Parts I, II and III.
- Certified Credit Professionals (CCP) Parts I, II and III.
Kenya Institute of Supplies Management Examinations
- Associate in Procurement and Supply of Kenya(APS-K) Levels I and II.
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional of Kenya (CPSK-K) Parts I, II, III and IV.
Computer Application Packages Duration
Introduction to Computers 2 Weeks
Microsoft Windows 2 Weeks
Operating Systems 2 Weeks
Microsoft Word 2 Weeks
Microsoft Excel 2 Weeks
Microsoft Access 2 Weeks
Microsoft Power point 2 Weeks
Microsoft Publisher 2 Weeks
Email and Internet 2 Weeks
KNEC Courses Offered at Gretsa University
(Module I, II and III)
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management.
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing.
- Diploma in Cooperative Management.
- Diploma in Business Management.
- Diploma in Investment Management.
- Diploma in Tour Guiding Management.
- Diploma in Tourism Management.
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Management.
- Diploma in Housekeeping Management.
- Diploma in Baking Technology.
- Diploma in Catering and Accommodation Management.
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology.
- Diploma in Dietetics Management
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Diploma in Child Care Protection.
- Diploma in Counseling.
- Diploma in Social Work and Community Development.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE).
KCSE C- (Minus) or Craft Certificate.
To apply for Degree, Diploma, or Certificate course in Gretsa University, you can visit the university website or click the link below to access the application form; https://gretsauniversity.ac.ke/apply-online/ .
You can apply via KUCCPS student’s portal accessed through www.kuccps.ac.ke by using your KCSE and KCPE index number as username and password respectively.
How to Access KUCCPS Admission Letters for Gretsa University
To download the university admission letter you can access the KUCCPS Admission letters link at https://gretsauniversity.ac.ke/admissions/ .
Admission letters for government sponsored students are forwarded to each student’s respective emails.
Students who have not received their admission letters are advised to collect them from the University.
For fee structure kindly contact the admissions office.
Bank Account Details
Account name: Gretsa University
Bank: Equity Bank Thika Supreme
Account number: 0180290365510
Contact and Address
Postal Address; P.O Box 3-01000 Thika
Tel; (+254)-0711-949 006