The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is an independent government agency mandated to process placements to various institutions for artisan, certificate, and degree programs. Students who sat for the 2019 KCSE examination now have an opportunity to apply for any program that they like and can qualify based on their cluster points. Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how you can apply for KUCCPS University of college placement online.
Read Original article here: Education Central EA
Requirements: KCSE index number, KCSE year, Birth Certificate Number, KCPE index number.
Step 1: First you need to log on to KUCCPS Portal.
- Use your KCSE Index Number as Username.
- Enter your KCSE YEAR (the year you sat for KCSE exam).
- Input your password (Either KCPE index number or Birth Certificate Number)
- Click Log In.
Step 2: Once you are logged in, choose a degree programme that you are interested in.
- All university and college courses can be accessed from the Programmes tab on the KUCCPS website.
- You can save a few courses that fascinate you and save them in your basket so that you can have a smaller list to work with.
- Only save courses that you qualify for based on your KCSE cluster points. Here is how you can calculate your cluster points.
- Save the codes for each code in a place where you can access easily.
Step 3: Once you have decided on the courses that you would want to pursue, proceed and click on the Application/Revision page on the primary menu of KUCCPS portal to begin your application.
Step 4: Choose the “Apply Now” tab on the secondary menu. You will be given four options, the first option allows you to enter one course in three universities (a, b, c). Make sure you have codes for the course in each institution.
Step 5: Enter the course codes on each option in your order of preference. For instance, if you are most interested in Education (Science) in Kenyatta University, put the code for B/Ed Science KU in choice 1(a) and so forth.
Step 6: The last step is to make payment.
- On your M-Pesa, choose the Pay Bill option
- Input Business Number 820201
- Account number – KCSE Year & KCSE index no. without space.
- Pay an application fee of 1,500 KES.
NB: Those who have applied in school and would like to revise should pay KES 1,000.
- Enter pin number, then click Send.
Step 7: Once you receive a confirmation message from M-Pesa, Enter your M-Pesa transaction code and submit your application.