Nyandarua National Polytechnic (NYNP) was started as a public technical training institution through an initiative from the local community and leaders. The land was donated by the KARI. It was and Still the only public technical institution offering technical training in the entire Nyandarua County. Through a major funds drive in the 90’s, the first one story building was erected. Members of parliament from the various Constituencies in Nyandarua County came together and through the CDF completed the project. Consequently, the first Batch of Students were admitted in 2006. Since then the polytechnic has grown and now has a student population of over 1,500 students.
A multi-million modern ESP Complex consisting of Workshops, Lecture Rooms, and Offices has been completed, and Currently a multi-million modern library is under construction. There are four computer laboratories with a total 130 computers. There are also workshops that are well equipped for Automotive, Electrical, Mechanical and Building related courses.
NYNP is now a recognized public Technical Training Institute that is mandated to offer Technical, Industrial, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training as spelt out in the Education Act and Science and Technology Act.
NYNP is the only national polytechnic in Nyandarua County guided by the value of integrity, commitment and fairness while upholding the principles of professionalism, team work and excellence. The nature and quality of training offered by a team of qualified and professional lecturers, gives the basis for us to realize the vision 2030.
Nyandarua National Polytechnic is located seven kilometers from Nyahururu Town along the Nyahururu-Gilgil road in a serene environment conducive for learning.
Contacts of Nyandarua National Polytechnic
- Physical Location: Nyandarua National Polytechnic is located 7Kms from Nyahururu, along Gilgil-Nyahururu Highway.
- Postal Address: O. Box 2033 20300 Nyahururu, Kenya.
- Phone: +254727256001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://nyandaruanationalpoly.ac.ke/
Application Procedure: How to Apply for Courses at Nyandarua National Polytechnic
To apply for a course at Nyandarua National Polytechnic you can do so through KUCCPS or fill an online application form in the institution’s website.
To apply online, you will need scanned copies of your:
- National ID card (Front and Back)(Scan your waiting card in case your national ID card is not ready)
- Birth Certificate
- KCSE certificate/Result slip
- KCPE Certificate
The scanned copies should be in jpg or pdf file formats
Once we receive your application, it shall be processed and an application number will be sent to you via email.
The link to the online application is given below:
Courses, Admission Requirements, and Fees Structure of Nyandarua National Polytechnic
Each course has its own admission requirements and fees structure, but generally diploma courses require a minimum of C- in KCSE and/or Certificate in a related field. Certificate and Artisan courses require a minimum KCSE grade of D+ and D- respectively.
Courses Offered at Nyandarua National Polytechnic
NYNP offers certificate, artisan and diploma courses in various fields as shown below:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Food and Beverage
Information Communication Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Certificate in Computer Applications
- Certificate in Information Technology
Building and Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Building Technology
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Certificate in Building Technology
- Certificate in Masonry
- Certificate in Plumbing
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Certificate in Automotive Engineering
- Artisan in Automotive Engineering
- Diploma in General Agriculture
- Certificate in General Agriculture
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Power)
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Power)
- Artisan in Electrical Engineering (Power)
Liberal and Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Computerized Secretarial
- Certificate in Computerized Secretarial
- Diploma in Library Information Studies
- Certificate in Library Information Studies
- Certificate in Science Lab Technology
- Diploma in Food Science and Processing
- Certificate in Food Science and Preservation Technology