Type of Institution: Public TVET
The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) was established in 1975 under the auspices of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and the African Union (AU). It is an inter-governmental organization and currently has contracting Member States in the Eastern and Southern Africa Regions. The institution aims to be a Centre of Excellence in the provision of Geo-Information services.
Minimum Qualification: KCSE Mean grade. C- (minus)
Minimum qualifications: KCSE mean grade D.
Other course categories are open to all.
Technical Diploma Courses
- Diploma in Land Surveying
- Diploma in Cartography and GIS
- Diploma in Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Diploma in Information Technology
Technical Certificate Courses
- International Computer Driving License (ICDL)
- Graphic Design
- IT Security and Cyber Crime
- Data Analysis and Statistical Packages
- Project Management
- Accounting Packages, Quick books, Sage, Pastel
- Computer repair and Maintenance
- Digital skills for managers
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Certificate in Land Surveying
Professional and Short courses
- Introduction to Earth Observation (Remote Sensing-RS)/ Digital Image Processing
- Open-Source Tools Data Applications
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Introduction to Digital Cartography & GIS Mapping
- Radar and Lidar Remote Sensing
- Applied Remote Sensing & GIS
- Mobile GIS
- CAD Drawings (AutoCAD civil 3D)
- Digital Photogrammetric Mapping and Terrain Modelling
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Technologies for Precise Applications
- Global Positioning Systems and Mobile Mapping for General Applications
- Level Use and Applications
- Service Repair and adjustment of Opti-Mechanical Surveying Instrument
- Total Station, Use and Applications
Online Short Courses
- Excel for Business
- Cyber Security
- Graphic Design
- Digital Marketing
- Python Programming
- Fundamentals of GIS
- Global Navigation Satellite System
- AutoCAD civil 3D
- International Computer Driving License
To apply for Technical Diploma Course, click https://www.rcmrd.org/technical-diploma-course fill the application form attaching all the necessary documents and submit.
An application window has also been set for Technical Certificate Courses. Click https://www.rcmrd.org/technical-certificate-course-application and fill the application form according to the course you want to pursue.
For professional and short courses, click https://www.rcmrd.org/professional-short-courses and apply.
You can also apply through KUCCPS students’ portal at https://students.kuccps.net/login/ log in according to the log in instructions given and fill the application form the submit.
KUCCPS Admission Letters
Confirm your admission status at KUCCPS website and if successful contact the institution for details on how to collect the admission letter.
Each course uploaded on the website has a description and its fees structure. Visit www.rcmrd.ac.ke and navigate to Training section on the homepage then click on the course category of your interest.
Bank Account Details
Contact the institution to get the bank account details.
Contacts and Address
Physical Address: Roysambu, Kasarani Nairobi Kenya.
P.O. Box 632-00618, Nairobi Kenya.
Tel: +254 020 2680748/ 2680722
+254 723 786161/ +254 735 981098