Type of Institution: Private University
Scott Christian University formally Scott Theological College, was established in 1962 as the national theological College of the Africa Inland Church Kenya to provide training for church ministries at an advanced academic level. The college was named in memory of Peter Cameron Scott who led the African Inland Mission in Kenya in 1895 which developed Africa Inland Church as one of its ministries.
Bachelor’s degree requirements
- Mean grade C+ (plus) at KCSE or its Equivalent OR
- Mean grade C (Plain) at KCSE or an Equivalent with Diploma from a recognized Institution. OR
- KACE or equivalent Certificate with a minimum of the two principal passes and O-level Credit in two subjects.
- Applicants must possess a minimum grade of D+ in KCSE or its equivalent.
- The minimum requirement for entry into a diploma programme is a C- (Minus) in KCSE or KCE Div 111 and above, or a Certificate awarded by a recognized institution, or their equivalent qualifications.
- The entry requirement is a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a scale of 4.00, or
- A degree awarded with First Class or an Upper Second-Class Honors. Those whose GPA is 2.5 or
- Lower Second-Class Honors and a Higher Diploma with relevant experience may be considered if the degree or diploma is relevant to the field of study.
Courses Offered at Scott Christian University
School of Theology
- Master of Arts in Theology (MAT)
- Master of Arts in Biblical Studies (MABS)
- Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.)
- Diploma in Theology
- Diploma in Christian Ministry
- Certificate in Christian Ministry
School of Education
- Master of Education in Education Leadership and Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Early Childhood Development Education
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development Education (ECDE)
School of Professional Studies
- Master of Arts in Leadership and Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Leadership Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Counselling Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
- Certificate/ Diploma in Leadership Management
- Certificate/ Diploma in Information Communication Technology
- Certificate/ Diploma in Agribusiness Management
- Computer Application Programmes
Applications for admission to Scott Christian University should be made using official application forms, which may be collected from the office of the Academic Registrar or downloaded here. All duly filled application forms should be returned with copies of relevant certificates. This should be accompanied by a nonrefundable application processing fee of KES 1500 for graduate, KES 1200 for Bachelors, Diploma and Certificate programmes. Duly completed applications should be returned to the Registrar.
Students who enroll through the government-sponsored programme can apply for admission through KUCPPS students’ portal accessible through www.kuccps.ac.ke . Log into the portal using your KCSE index number as username and KCPE index number as password. Apply for admission selecting Rongo University as your preferred university choosing your course of interest according to your qualifications.
KUCCPS Admission Letters
After confirming your admission status, contact Scott Christian University for details on how to obtain the admission letter.
Click https://studentportal.scott.ac.ke/login.php and log in if you are an existing user.
Click https://scott.ac.ke/admission/fees-structure/ and download the fees structure of your interest.
Bank Account Details
Account Name: Scott Christian University
Bank: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Branch: Machakos Branch
Account Number: 01120071801000
Swift Code: KCOOKEN
Contacts and Address
Physical Address: Machakos-Kangundo Road, Machakos.
P.O. Box 49-90100, Machakos Kenya.
Tel: +254 713 745 404/ 734 833 832