Type of Institution: Public University
Tharaka University College is public university located in Tharaka Nithi Sub-county. The college is a constituent college of Chuka University established in 2017. The institution aims to be an adaptive centre of excellence in teaching, research, innovation and outreach for societal transformation.
The admission requirements for joining Tharaka University College vary according to the course and the program level of a student.
For undergraduate applicants, a minimum mean grade of C+ at KCSE or 2 principal passes at A level and 1 subsidiary in relevant subjects.
Diploma applicants are required to have a minimum mean grade of C- at KCSE or KCE division II or KACE with at least 1 principal pass or certificate in relevant area from a recognized institution.
Certificate applicants are required to have a minimum mean grade of D+ (plus) in KCSE or KCE division III or any other qualifications recognized by MMUST senate.
Postgraduate degree applicants should have a bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
Faculty of Physical Sciences, Engineering and Technology
Department of Computer Science and ICT
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Certificate in Computer Science
Department of Basic Sciences
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Applied Statistics
- Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science (Actuarial Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Physics)
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Biology)
- Bachelor of Technology in Mineral Exploration and Mining
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Bachelor of Technology in Water and Irrigation
Faculty of Education, Humanities and Social Science
Department of Education
- Diploma in Education (Primary/ Secondary Option)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Development Education)
- Bachelor of Education Arts (Pry option)
- MED Science Education
- MED Curriculum and Instruction
- MED Education Management
- MED Education Foundations
- MED Guidance & Counseling
- PhD Science Education
- PhD Curriculum and Instruction
- PhD Education Management
- PhD Education Foundations
- PhD Guidance & Counseling
Faculty of Business
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Diploma in Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Statistics
- Bachelor of Cooperative Management
- Bachelor of Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Economics
- Master of Science in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Certified Credit Professionals (CCP)
- Certified Public Secretaries (CPS)
To join Tharaka University College, self-sponsored students can apply for admission through the college website while government-sponsored students can apply through KUCCPS placement service.
Application through the website can be done online or by downloading the application form.
Click https://tharaka.ac.ke/office-of-registrar-academic-affairs/ and download the application form according to your program level. Fill the application form attaching the necessary documents and return the duly filled form to the office of the registrar academic affairs at Tharaka University College in Gatunga or send by post to P.O. Box 193-60215, Marimanti. OR send via email at email@example.com .
To apply online click https://portal.tharaka.ac.ke:882/apply/ and fill the application form then submit it online.
Government-sponsored students can apply for admission through KUCCPS website. Go to www.kuccps.ac.ke , navigate to student portal and log in using your KCSE index number as username and KCPE index number as password. Select Tharaka University College as your preferred institution and submit the completed application form.
KUCCPS Admission Letters
After confirming your admission status, click https://admissionletters.tharaka.ac.ke/ and log in using your KCSE index number as username and password and download the admission letter.
Click https://portal.tharaka.ac.ke:1991/ to access the students’ portal.
Each course has a unique fees structure. Contact the institution for more information on the fees structure.
Bank Account Details
Cooperative Bank, Chuka Branch
Equity Bank, Chuka Branch
KCB Bank, Chuka Branch
Contacts and Address
Physical Address: Marimanti Town, along Chiakariga-Marimanti Road, near Gatunga Market.
P.O. Box 193-60215, Marimanti
Tel: +254 0202007692