Type of Institution: Private University
The establishment of Uzima University is a fruit of the vision of Most. Rev. Zacchaeus Okoth the archbishop of Kisumu. Having been moved by the pain and the challenges experienced by the populace in the region, the Archbishop decided to invest in a medical Education and research enterprise that would address the dire need for the provision of medical services and expertise in Africa especially AMECEA –(A member of Episcopal Conferences in Eastern Africa) this is a regional consortium of the local churches in the Eastern African region comprising of Episcopal conferences in nine member countries comprising of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Sudan, South Sudan,Malawi ,Zambia, Ethiopia and Eritrea.
Uzima University therefore has a unique clientele owing to the diversity of its catchment area and the multiplicity of its cultural heritage. Uzima University will maximize on the unique heritage from these countries through vital research networks customizing its findings into specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time bound strategies for the sustainability and development of the region and beyond.
- Minimum KCSE mean grade of D+
- Minimum KCSE mean grade of C-
- Certificate in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum KCSE mean grade of C+
- Diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Higher Diploma in relevant field from a recognized institution.
Courses Offered at Uzima University
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine (Upgrading)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Upgrading)
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (Upgrading)
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Diploma in Community Health and Development
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Diploma in Child Counselling and Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling Psychology
- Certificate in Child Counselling Psychology
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
To join Uzima University, an applicant needs to apply for admission through the university website. Click https://uzimauni.fedena.com/register and fill the application form attaching all the necessary documents and submit.
An applicant who wants to join Uzima University through the government-sponsored programme can apply for admission through KUCCPS placement service. Visit the KUCCPS website at www.kuccps.ac.ke and go to the students’ portal section, log in and make the application. Fill the application form selecting Uzima University as your preferred university.
KUCCPS Admission Letters
After confirming your admission status, click https://www.uzimauniversity.ac.ke/index.php/about-uzima/9-explore/252-admission-letters and download your admission letter by clicking on your name.
Click https://uzimauni.fedena.com/ to access the students’ portal.
Each course has its own unique fees structure indicated in the application form. Click the apply link and select a course of your choice to get the fees structure.
Bank Account Details
Equity Bank, Ang’awa Avenue Branch
Contacts and Address
Physical Address: Off Kisumu-Kakamega Road, Kisumu County
P.O. Box 2502-40100, Kisumu, Kenya.
Tel: +254 39387903/ 703 727 660